1. Entries must be the original work of the writer/photographer.
2. Participants must submit an entry form alongside their entry and complete all the mandatory fields.
3. The maximum word count for written pieces is 1,000 words.
4. Participants may submit one written piece and/or 1-3 photos (or any combination of these!)
5. Photos may be color-enhanced and sharpened, but the underlying image should be recognizable.
6. For written entries submitted by mail, write your name on the back of the page. If your entry has multiple pages, write your last name and the page number on the back of each page (that way, if the papers get separated, we can put them back together in order)
For photos submitted by mail, write your name with a ballpoint pen on the back of your photo(s).
7. Participants must be in grades 6-8 (or between the ages of 10-14 years old, for home-schooled participants)
8. To enter, you must either be a resident of Lafayette, or attend a Lafayette school.
9. Entries must have been created (written or photographed) in the past 12 months.